Happy Spring! Spring is here and it’s time to cleanse out all those carbohydrates we stored during the winter months. The liver's job in a nutshell, is to make sure the body absorbs the nutrients that it needs and eliminate all that is doesn't need. Let's look at a list of the major duties of the liver:
- Metabolizes protein, fats, and carbohydrates
- Stores vitamins, mineral and sugars
- Filters the blood and helps remove harmful chemicals and bacteria
- Creates bile, which breaks down fats
- Stores fat-soluble vitamins (A, E, D, K)
- Stores extra blood, to release quickly when needed
- Helps maintain electrolyte and water balance
- Creates immune substances, such as gamma globulin
- Breaks down and eliminates excess hormones
As you can see, this small gland does a lot of work for one organ. Unfortunately, however, the modern day-to-day lifestyle burdens the liver with an abundance of stress making it's job even more difficult.
Eating oily foods, process foods, food additives, preservatives, pesticides, herbicides, and many other toxins is a common stress-factor on the liver. Other common stress-factors such as alcohol, recreational drugs, over the counter medication and prescribe medication are prevalent in the world.
When the liver becomes sluggish and bogged down with toxins, it affects all the other organs in the body causing them to work extra hard to do their jobs.
Signs and symptoms which might mean your liver is under stress or not functioning properly:
- High blood Sugar
- Sugar cravings
- Recurring headaches
- Ongoing menstrual problems
- Inflamed prostate
- Blurred vision or red eyes
- Dark nails
- Imbalanced hormones
- Bitter taste in mouth
- Ance, psoriasis, skin problems
- Weak tendons, ligaments and muscles
- Emotional excess, anger and depression, moodiness
If you're experiencing any of the following, you should do a liver and gallbladder detox. The Liver/Gallbladder detox will improve your digestion, remove toxins from your blood, eliminate gall stones from your gallbladder, improve hormonal function, give you more energy as well as help you break addictions and relive your body of most harmful toxins.
Urth Herbs Nourish ThySelf Community is a group of individuals who come together every seasonal change to cleanse their organs and support one another throughout the cleanse. It is a confidential environment where each participant can learn about how their organs function and what foods and herbs will help nourishes the organs.
Are you ready to make your liver HAPPY!
Join Urth Herbs Nourish ThySelf Community
- Open to everyone, everywhere!
- Convenient, confidential online format
- Guided support from beginning to end of cleanse
Wondering how to join....Simple. Just do a cleanse and you automatically become a member. 😉🌻